TINTEX is proud to be able to guarantee a total of 70% improvement in terms of environmental impacts.
The development and sourcing of the latest and best smart and naturally available materials updated season on season, combined with research latest dying & finishing technologies, part of the company’s DNA, securing its naturally advanced position and achievements.
TINTEX is committed to improving water usage, with the latest dyeing equipment and efficient finishing techniques, garnering a CITEVE environmental impact assessment with improved metrics for: reduced water consumption, improved electricity energy use and natural gas consumption, minimizing chemical products use, reduction of waste water and organic load in effluents.
Effluent management successfully recycles or reuses 98% of all production materials.
All new textile and design innovations boast at least a 60% use of more sustainable materials including Tencel, Organic and BCICotton, and recycled materials, all supported with original or brand supplier supported certifications.
A complete TINTEX analysis is already in process for mercerizing and coating processes. The traceable origin of all yarns and production materials will be fully transparent by 2018.
The manufacture of TINTEX own energy is measured with 460KW of Photovoltaic panels combined with solar energy systems together producing CO2 savings of approx. 400 tons per year. Since 2010 this ongoing investment and increase in gross added value has generated an energy intensity evolution producing a reduction of approx. 45% (energy audits data).
ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and Step.
GOTS, OCS, GRS by Sept 17, Oeko-Tex and BCI
Bluesign certification will be in place by 2018
- To satisfy its customers, their needs and expectations, adding value to their products/services by means of Quality, Innovation and Differentiation;
- To systematically develop new technical and technological solutions that foster the company's international positioning and recognition based on its innovation capability and commitment to Sustainability;
- To create sustainable development using resources rationally, aiming to reduce energy, water and other natural resources’ consumption by adopting technologies that enable such reductions, where technically possible and economically viable;
- To prevent polluting the environment by contributing to a greater environmental sustainability and minimizing the environmental impact caused by the company's activities;
- To establish and promote partnerships with all stakeholders that foster Innovation and sustainable development in its economic, social and environmental dimensions;
- To comply with all legal and regulatory regulations arising from the company's business; including environmental, quality and social responsibility issues;
- To comply with the principles of the International Labour Organization (ILO), including with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and applicable national laws;
- To commit to sanctioning child labour, forced or compulsory labour, non-compliance with safety rules, discrimination, undisciplined practices and employees’ overtime;
- To provide the freedom to form unions and the right to collective bargaining;
- To observe the legal minimum wage, ensuring that the basic needs of all employees are met;
- To encourage an organizational culture that ensures the organization's values and commitments based on the development of Human Assets, seeking to stimulate their creativity and individual initiative, in pursuit of Tintex’s goals;
- To encourage the continuous improvement of the Management System, within an integrated perspective of satisfaction of the different stakeholders;
- This Policy is duly divulged to all employees by way of display, and by announcing it in the Management Platform.
Mário Jorge Silva